Boy, 13, with dairy allergy died after schoolmate threw cheese down his T-shirt, inquest hears

The boy was unconscious and stopped breathing shortly after the Mr Oppatt and his colleague arrived.

Senior coroner Mary Hassell asked the witness, one of the first paramedics on the scene, to go through the tragic events.

Mr Oppatt said: “The call came in at 11.40am. We arrived on the scene at 11.47am. The call came in as just an allergic reaction.

“On arrival at the scene I immediately knew it was life threatening and that the patient had a high risk of going into cardiac and respiratory arrest.

“We were told by school staff that perhaps someone had chased the patient with cheese and had proceeded to throw it down his t-shirt.

“That he had an allergic reaction, that he was itchy, his skin was very hot, and that he was having difficulty breathing.”

“Staff had administered two spoons of piriton, an epipen and given him his inhaler.”

Please follow and like us: