Sex is supposed to be fun. Throwing up and breaking out into hives after having sex with your partner is decidedly not fun, but that’s what recently happened to a 31-year-old woman in Spain.
By the time she showed up at the emergency room of the General University Hospital of Alicante, she was vomiting profusely, had shortness of breath, and her entire body was covered in hives.
The doctors diagnosed her with a moderate anaphylactic reaction, and tried to figure out what had caused it.
Their only clue: the patient’s reaction had started after having unprotected sex with her male partner, which involved “oral ejaculation” according to the case report.